Chapter 1-3 Overview
- The Synoptic Background and John Mark
- The Background of Matthew and Luke
- The Historical Background
Read chapters 1-3 - Watch corresponding Week 1 Teaching Videos below.
Answer all Interactive Questions on a separate sheet of paper and place in your binder.
Take Test Yourself quizzes on separate sheet of paper and place in your binder.
Follow Weekly Scripture Reading Plan.
Matthew 1-12 / Psalms 1-6
- View the video, The Gospel of Matthew Part 1 and write a paragraph reflection in your binder. *Suggested questions for response:
- What information stood out or was new to you?
- What were the main points or themes that were highlighted about this section of Matthew?
- Who does Matthew declare Jesus to be and how should that impact your life?
THE GOSPEL OF MATTHEW PART 1
Week 1 Teaching Videos
Resources for additional study (NOT REQUIRED) But Excellent Material!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPr-yUjCD1o&index=4&list=PL1CBE0DD656B9BC0F The Gospel and Empire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PiltJ0DDhI&list=PL1CBE0DD656B9BC0F&index=55 Matthew and the Great Commission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqN_S704_DE&index=129&list=PL1CBE0DD656B9BC0F Understanding Jesus' Genealogy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYWVTEfzQwk&list=PL1CBE0DD656B9BC0F&index=168 The Divided Kingdom of Israel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k1Yzx2Fouo&list=PL1CBE0DD656B9BC0F&index=248 How We Got the New Testament Canon